Tuesday, November 13, 2007

La Fee Verte at Last!

The still is done! At this very moment, it is slowly dripping a fine smelling Blanche Absinthe! I'm really excited to finish my first batch and try it.
So I figured rather than post a long, instructional guide to building this thing, I'd just tell you what I used and let you do the rest;

8 Quart pressure cooker from WalMart

3 feet of 1/2" OD copper tube for the outlet

10 feet of 3/8" soft copper tube for the condenser coil

A plastic bucket for the condenser reservoir

A cooking thermometer

Various copper and brass fittings

I've been lurking on homedistiller forums for weeks trying to find the best design for my needs and this is what I came up with. I'd have liked to have made it all from copper and have neat gauges and doodads but I think I'll start here and work my way towards a more steampunk version. Anyway, hope you like it.





No comments: