Monday, November 5, 2007

The Green Fairy

Recently, I've become enamoured with the proccess of distilling liqours and utterly fascinated by the different equipment and procedures. At some point during my investigation of ancient liquor refinery, I decided I'd try it myself. Absinthe, anyone? The proccess is really quite simple and the raw materials are not hard to find. The fabrication of the apparatus may prove a challenge but I'm fairly certain I can manage it. I've found countless drawings and sketches from old manuscripts detailing not only the construction of the still, but also the recipes and techniques for creating a genuine absinthe. Just the thought of constructing a still from copper bits and pieces, gauges, valves, etc. make me want to start now! I can't think of anyhing more steampunk than building and operating your own still.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: